What type of note-taking strategy are you using?

from https://eu-browse.startpage.com/av/anon-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FH15uuDMqDK0%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&sp=1596113250T10c762d4e78ceb6257ac35702857e160450039e5cc390c53ad9ba6936e2393d0

Note-taking strategy

Note-taking strategy is an extremely important task to perform when learning something critically important or attending a meeting or conferences. I am still learning how to perfect my note-taking strategy and adjust accordingly to the situation I am in. It is the most important activity for students. We want to highlight the most important points and make sure it stands out so that we can recall them easily.

Four primary methods

Basically there are four primary methods of note taking. I learned all that during my primary school and some of them in my tuition class which was a privately paid class in addition to the normal school classes. The four primary methods of note taking are lists, outlines, concept maps and the Cornell method. The Lists method is the one of the pioneering methods I have adapted in my primary school. Both of my beloved parents guide us on this method and also learn that from our beloved teachers. Next was the outlined method. Most of these outlined methods I learned from in my secondary school and also in my colleges. Surprisingly I did learn the concept maps in my tuition class but at that time I did not really practise them or use them. I did realise we only use that in our club activities as I was a vice president of a local school Leo Club. Lastly as for the Cornell method, I have been using this method unknowingly it was known as the Cornell method as I did develop this method from my learning experiences. Today I surprisingly my "customised method" of note-taking I am using was known as the Cornell method.


Internet Technology

Thanks to today's internet technology, note-taking strategy has upgraded again. Most of my note-taking I am using today is the google calendar (event, reminder, goal). I will do the Cornell method on my google calendar instead of taking notes on my notebook. Sometimes I do use a notebook especially in meetings. Sometimes I am using a voice recorder to dictate my idea as my mind was running too fast for me to write or type in on my mobile device and the dream I had after I woke up. I am also using a voice recorder on my mobile attending long lectures or the speaker speaks too fast for me to write it down. As for my dream, after recording it on my mobile device I will listen back again so that I can write, outline them and rewrite them so that I can understand it better. Some of these dreams help me to develop my potential movie script or some comes like song lyrics. Another technology I also use them often is online google doc. I will use them in the meeting room when I have my laptop with me especially when connected to the internet.

Artificial Technology

Another technology I also use often is online google doc. I will use them in the meeting room when I have my laptop with me especially when connected to the internet. Last week I accidentally discovered a new method of note-taking from google doc. Google Doc now offers voice typing which tied to the AI comes with voice recognition abilities. I have tested them on various languages too. The accuracy depends largely on the speaker and how you speak to these devices. Most interestingly, I want to figure out how accurate in Japanese language is. It amazes me so much and today I love it so much. As for the translation tools I use note-taking when I learn languages mainly Japanese, Thai, Mandarin, German, Russian and Spanish, I will use online google translation. I also discovered that they offer a conversation feature and what surprised me was the accuracy. I will use it when learning different languages from online or note-taking from different language speakers. I am very grateful and feel fortunate we are living in the great era of advanced technology. Someday in the near future I really wish to move to Planet Mars with Mr. Elon Musk as I strongly believe advanced technology gives us great opportunities to have space travel. Not only space travel makes it possible, note-taking will be another major breakthrough using AI Assisted Robot. Someday all of us will have an AI Assisted Robot device that might replace our mobile phone. I won't be surprised if these AI Assisted Robot technologies will lead us to have a personalised suit like Iron Man.

Words Count: 741

Taken from https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-elon-musk-spacex/


References

Matthew Lynch (2019). Could Artificial Intelligence automate student note-taking?. Retrieved from https://www.thetechedvocate.org/could-artificial-intelligence-automate-student-note-taking/

GoodNotes (2018). The Best Note-Taking Methods, Retrieved from https://medium.goodnotes.com/the-best-note-taking-methods-for-college-students-451f412e264e.

Chapter 4.4 - Got Notes?, Retrieved from College Success textbook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychology Revision: Quiz Unit 1

How is memory related to intelligence?

A snapshot of your current level of happiness