Does the COVID-19, the damn CoronaVirus PLAN-demic, affect your life by introduce a stressful life to you?

PM Boris Johnson fully recover from COVID-19 PLAN-demic

Why is stress management important?
Stressful life will affect your health, relationship, and work performance that includes your school life. Today many so-called modern developed countries especially those lower-middle-income sectors have the most health issues. The developed countries indirectly have a stressful environment as they have higher expectations of you. Not only it affects the health, it also affects relationships and according to the statistical results of these modern developed countries, divorces rate has gone rocket high. Many of suicide rates also coincidence also in rise too. Modern cities like Japan had one of the highest suicide rates right after world world two. Today not surprisingly South America has overtake Japan on suicide rates and the country of Guyana listed as top in the world mainly due to the poverty. As students, it will affect your school works and exams, as a working adult, it will affect your work and as a business owner, it will affect your sales. These are some major reasons why stress management is important.

I always faced a lot of stress at my school when it came to exams or tests. Due to some panic attacks, I forgot most of the stuff I have learned earlier and my mind sometimes can go BLANK. That's why sometimes I did badly on my exams because of failing handling stressful situations. Basically a lack of understanding of the art of living. When I tracked back the symptoms I realised it is something to do with my time management skills. Take things for granted and I often get caught up in my imaginary world of my own due to unhappiness in my childhood life. I am very thankful to music and it is part of my life that enables me to escape into my imaginary world of mine. Job interviews were one of my stresses I had before.

Today many are facing economic stress due to the economic downturn due to the "damn" Covid 19 (CoronaVirus) PLAN-demic lockdown / circuit breaker situation. Lost jobs or lost income completely that ended up in psychiatry wards because they can't handle it anymore. Sadly they need the drugs to calm their overloaded thinking mind.


 
One of my most stressful situations I faced before was in the year 1998 when I lost my permanent stable job. I can't sleep at night due to overloading the thinking mind related to the bills I am unable to pay. The commitment was overwhelming. It took me 6 months to overcome it by selling off my car. This bad situation forces me to learn financial management on my own. Next I managed to get back my contractual job in Berlin, German. The salary was way below the market rate that was offered to me. At that time I desperately needed a job to pay my bills and love to travel and enable me to have different types of life experiences.

taken from https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Siegessaeule_Aussicht_10-13_img4_Tiergarten.jpg/1920px-Siegessaeule_Aussicht_10-13_img4_Tiergarten.jpg

A special video tribute for a friend of mine met on online facebook.  Gone Too Soon .... I am wishing he will continue to listen to my singing from Heaven above.  Mr. Paul Spalding ...


One of my online friend (facebook) from England, recently went back to heaven during the COVID-19 PLAN-demic lockdown after he finished his duty on This Planet Earth.


After reflecting back, I am thankful, grateful about it as it did change my life 180 degrees and become a much more successful person. The changes in my environment has made me understand myself much more profoundly.

Three stress management techniques I am using currently to decrease my stress levels. I am using yoga deep breathing exercise techniques in the morning or when I face challenges in my life. My google calendar reminds me a few times a day to do deep breathing exercise until I am completely relaxed with a smile on my face. Next technique I want to share is to take a long walk outside my residence. I will walk at a slightly faster pace with a distance of min 6 kms. The sweat will assist me to calm me down tremendously down very fast. My last technique was watching some comedian videos over youtube and drinking my favourite drink of plain water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=395ZloN4Rr8

I do have a good foundation of mindfulness, conscious awareness of the present moment, alertful watchfulness with my mind and often listening to soft classical music on my headphones most of the time. At times I will talk to my close friends or chat over the Whatsapp what was bugging me at that time. I am still look-out new ways to improve my stress management techniques by learning new types of skills or arts, keep my mind positively motivated, keep believing the best yet to come with great hope for the brighter future, keep my perception wise check and balance and lastly emotionally I must be in happy mode at all times.

Words count: 749

References
Wikipedia (2020). List of countries by suicide rate. Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Regents of the University of Minnesota (2016). Why It’s Important to Master Stress. Retrieved from https://www.takingcharge.csh.umn.edu/why-its-important-master-stress
797 words

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychology Revision: Quiz Unit 1

How is memory related to intelligence?

A snapshot of your current level of happiness